This is the start of our second year of podcasting - yay! In this episode we talk about:
- The semi-realization of a real life tractor/levitation beam.
- Lots of talk about Bitcoin from Stripe, Robinhood, and 50 Cent.
- A disco ball satellite revolving around the Earth.
- US soldiers giving away their locations because of their addiction to fitness.
- And driverless cars are going to be careening through the streets of Atlanta!
Plus FIVE (yes FIVE!) great tech recommendations.
- Forget the Robot Singularity Apocalypse. Let's Talk About the Multiplicity | WIRED
- Tractor beam breakthrough could lead to levitating humans - CNET
- MIT Scientists Design Artificial Synapse for Brain-Like Computer Chips | Inverse
- Artificial intelligence is going to supercharge surveillance - The Verge
- Ending Bitcoin support
- A disco ball-like satellite is orbiting earth. Here's why. - CNN
- 50 Cent realizes he’s a Bitcoin millionaire thanks to sales of a 2014 album | TechCrunch
- U.S. soldiers are revealing sensitive and dangerous information by jogging - The Washington Post
- Fitness tracking app gives away location of secret US army bases | Technology | The Guardian
- Waymo coming to Atlanta
- 'Jackpotting' hackers steal over $1 million from ATMs across U.S.: Secret Service