In this episode:
- A cyber attack on Atlanta computers (2:48)
- Facebook is all kinds of out-of-whack (6:30)
- Russian court says Telegram must hand over encryption keys (10:45)
- Youtube is introducing your kids to conspiracy theories (13:30)
- HQ trivia lands Warner Brothers for a $3M ad deal (16:48)
- A Chinese space lab is falling to Earth in a fiery demise (21:47)
- Samsung has a patent out for over the air wireless charging (23:40)
- Amazon patent points to a future in which humanity is reduced to screaming at drones (25:55)
- This tiny wearable knows what you've been eating, drinking, and smoking (28:35)
Prototype Prime is an incubator focused on early-stage hardware and software startups. We've got a design and development lab where hardware teams can utilize our 3D printers and our electronics manufacturing capabilities. In addition we've got a awesome podcast recording room where great shows like Tech Talk Y'all are recorded!
- Cyberattack hits Atlanta computers | 'Everyone who has done business' with city may be at risk
- Facebook stock slides after FTC launches probe of data scandal — Shares of Facebook cratered as much as 6 percent Monday after the Federal Trade Commission announced it is investigating the company's data practices in the wake of the Cambridge Analytica leak of 50 million users' information.
- The Latest: Zuckerberg snubs summons from British Parliament — Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg is snubbing a summons from a British Parliamentary committee investigating the rise of fake news, offering to send senior executives in his place.
- Facebook to shut off third-party data targeting | The Drum
- Russian Court Says Telegram Must Hand Over Encryption Keys To State Intelligence Service
- YouTube is reportedly introducing your kids to conspiracy theories, too | TechCrunch
- HQ TRIVIA LANDS WARNER BROS. FOR A $3 MILLION AD DEAL AND $250,000 PLAYER JACKPOT — The popular live game show app HQ Trivia has bagged its first sponsor in Warner Bros., which will lead to the biggest prize pool players have seen, according to people familiar with the deal.
- Chinese space lab to fall to Earth within days in 'fiery demise' — An out-of-control Chinese space lab is expected to fall to Earth within days, according to the latest estimate from the European Space Agency (ESA), which is monitoring its descent.
- No more wires! Samsung patents ‘over the air’ wireless tech that charges multiple gadgets at the same time — The Samsung patent would allow you to charge your phone no matter where you are in the room.
- Amazon Patent Points to Future in Which Humanity Is Reduced to Screaming at Drones — A recently published Amazon patent depicts a delivery drone capable of recognizing and responding to human gestures and speech.
- This tiny wearable knows what you’ve been eating, drinking, and smoking