In this episode:
- Hulu ups price for live-TV service, cuts basic package price (1:40)
- Google, Amazon, and Facebook spent record amounts lobbying the government (3:38)
- Amazon Starts Testing ‘Scout’ Delivery Robots Near Seattle (5:37)
- Hotel fires half its robot staff for sucking at their jobs (7:13)
- SpaceX’s new test rocket topples over thanks to strong Texas winds (9:58)
- Boeing’s electric autonomous passenger air vehicle just had its first flight (11:02)
- Google Maps now helps you dodge speeding tickets while driving (12:16)
- LEGO - The Toy of Smart Investors (15:17)
- Google Buys Part of Fossil’s Smartwatch Team for $40 Million (16:05)
- This $350 mini-smartphone helped cure my digital distraction (17:19)
- THE Ohio State University now has THE silliest campus amenity yet: THE Pizza ATM (19:56)
Weird and Wacky Tech:
- HOT DOG! Oscar Mayer hiring drivers for the Wienermobile (22:34)
- To Save the Sound of a Stradivarius, a Whole City Must Keep Quiet (23:31)
- We Can’t Correct for Magnetic Pole Shifts Thanks to the Government Shutdown (26:33)
GIVEAWAY: The Woodruff Arts Center (home to the High Museum, Alliance Theater, and Atlanta Symphony Orchestra) is our new sponsor. We're giving away a pair of tickets to the High Museum! To win tweet @TheWoodruff and @techtalkyall.
Ad music is from "Partly Cloudy" by A Tape Full of Mistakes
Weird & Wacky theme music is from "Brainwavves" by Strong Suit
Also remember to rate our podcast - 5 stars, 5 stars!
The Woodruff Arts Center, the third largest arts center in the country, is home to the Tony Award-winning Alliance Theatre, the Grammy Award-winning Atlanta Symphony Orchestra and the High Museum of Art, the leading art museum in the Southeast. The Woodruff knows how to blend contemporary digital technology with artistic excellence. Just check out their new Coca-Cola stage, their live simulcasts that allow visitors to watch sold-out Atlanta Symphony Orchestra shows or their use of ArtClix, a program that features image-recognition technology to identify the art at the High Museum. Learn more at www.woodruffcenter.org.
Prototype Prime is an incubator focused on early-stage hardware and software startups. We've got a design and development lab where hardware teams can utilize our 3D printers and our electronics manufacturing capabilities. In addition we've got a awesome podcast recording room where great shows like Tech Talk Y'all are recorded!
- Hulu ups price for live-TV service, cuts basic package price
- Google, Amazon, and Facebook all spent record amounts last year lobbying the US government
- Review: Is Palm's $350 "mini-smartphone" worth it?
- Google Buys Part of Fossil's Smartwatch Team for $40 Million
- LEGO - The Toy of Smart Investors by Victoria Dobrynskaya, Julia Kishilova :: SSRN
- HOT DOG! Oscar Mayer hiring drivers for the Wienermobile
- To Save the Sound of a Stradivarius, a Whole City Must Keep Quiet
- We Can't Correct for Magnetic Pole Shifts Thanks to the Government Shutdown - ExtremeTech
- FERNIDA Heated Trouser for The Aged Electric Warm Pant Washable Men/Women Heated Pants Gift for Senior